Monday, February 20, 2012

Making Progress

Making progress on the bike without buying anything has been hard. My bobber fund has run dry and there are still crucial parts that need to be bought. I'm making due with little things here and there that must be done but haven't contributed much to the assembly.

Front end is painted and reassembled:


I was also able to finish grinding down metal on the frame that was useless (old tank bungs and wiring hooks). I was also able to work up a set of drag bars from the stock handle bars (money saver too)



Cut the bars apart




Welded them back together


 polished a side cover... yawn*

Biggest thing right now is getting a front tire, front and rear tubes, and new neck bearings. Once I have those items I just might have a rolling chassis together in the next few weeks. :)

2 comments:

  1. Starting to take shape, If you want the frame
    powder coated let me know , I can fix you up with the person who does my stuff its good work and cheap. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob! If I decide to go the powder coat route I will let you know! I've gotta say thanks too for hooking me up with the welder, he did a great job on the frame!

    Lucas

    ReplyDelete